Agent for Windows Installation
Requires: Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher, 32-bit or 64-bit.
This procedure installs and configures the xenowulf® Agent.
- Download the xenowulf® Agent installer agentxw.exe from the link at the end of this page.
- Run the xenowulf® Agent installer. After a successful installation, press the "Finish" button. By default, after installation a utility program is launched in order to configure and start the agent.
- Select "Configure". The agent can optionally report to both Cloud and LAN management consoles.
- Under "User Name", enter the xenowulf® Cloud Service account username. To create an account, go to the link at the end of this page.
- Under "XVision Console Network Address", enter the network host name or IP address of a machine running XVision console.
- Press the "Save" and "Exit" buttons to save the configuration options.
- Press the "Start" button to start xenowulf® Agent.
- If the Agent is successful in contacting management consoles, the Status LEDs will pulse green. The Xenowulf Agent window can now be closed.
After successful installation of xenowulf® Agent, the Agent service is started in the background.
The Agent status can be viewed at any time by starting the Agent configuration utility (Start -> Xenowulf Agent).
It is not necessary to run the agent utility continuously - the agent service will continue to run in the background after the application window is closed.